Registered Nurse – ICU job in Houma, LA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This internationally recognized, 321-bed, state-of-the-art hospital is dedicated to providing high quality, compassionate healthcare to its’ community. It is the largest community-based hospital in southeast Louisiana and in 2016 alone has been the recipient of numerous awards and recognition, including the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Orthopedics and the ‘A’ grade for Patient Safety in Leapfrog’s Spring 2016 Hospital Safety Score. This facility offers a wide variety of services, including the Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center, the comprehensive Women’s Health Center, world-class cardiology services, advance orthopedics, full rehabilitation services, and the Healthy Lifestyles Center.This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Houma is the only city in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana and is also considered the capital of deep bayou country. Houma is where you can explore the wetlands like no other; you can go on a fishing adventure, check out a birding expedition, and of course, go on the world famous swamp tours. Check out the history that lives in Houma by exploring the Regional Military Museum, the Southdown Plantation House, or the Bayou Terrebonne Water Life Museum. Houma offers unique attractions and delicious dining influenced by the Cajun culture and hospitality.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!