Registered Nurse – ICU job in Houma , LA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 152-bed licensed acute care facility is accredited by the Joint Commission and is part of a largest healthcare system in the South. Inpatient and outpatient services include radiology, laboratory, emergency medicine, cardiology, urology, orthopedics, surgery, and psychiatric care.
Houma is the only city in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana and is also considered the capital of deep bayou country. Houma is where you can explore the wetlands like no other; you can go on a fishing adventure, check out a birding expedition, and of course, go on the world-famous swamp tours. Check out the history that lives in Houma by exploring the Regional Military Museum, the Southdown Plantation House, or the Bayou Terrebonne Water Life Museum. Houma offers unique attractions and delicious dining influenced by the Cajun culture and hospitality.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!