Registered Nurse – ICU job in Hammond, LA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Long Term Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Winner of the 2012 Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, this 355-bed health system provides cancer care, diabetes education, emergency care, heart health services, has an intensive care unit, radiology services, rehabilitation, sports medicine, surgical services, and more. Just like GIFTED, North Oaks believes in doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, in order to achieve the best possible result for every patient. They have earned New Orleans CityBusiness Best Places to Work for 6 consecutive years!
Whatever your health care needs may be, North Oaks Medical Center offers a full range of health care services — from childbirth services, high-tech diagnostic testing, open-heart and robotic surgery to health education, rehabilitation, occupational medicine and hospice.
Since opening in 1960, North Oaks Medical Center has grown from a 60-bed facility to become the flagship of North Oaks Health System with 237 beds. An expansion scheduled for completion in fall 2012 will bring the hospital to a total of 330 all-private rooms to provide patients and their families with a calm, healing environment. To make room for the growing number of North Oaks surgeons providing care to our region and the advanced, complex procedures they perform, the expansion also includes 14 new high-tech Operating Suites, a Surgical Intensive Care Unit, and 11 additional Same Day Surgery beds.
With more than 200 physicians representing 38 specialties and growing, North Oaks Medical Center stands ready to care for you and your family through all phases of life, today and into the future.
The beautiful, quaint city of Hammond is nestled between New Orleans and Baton Rouge Louisiana, only a 45 minute drive to either. Hammond offers many nearby attractions; a safari adventure at the Global Wildlife Center, the Kentwood Historical and Cultural Arts Museum, the Camp Moore Confederate Museum, and Kliebert’s Alligator farm, where visitors get up close and personal with a working alligator and turtle farm. The area is an antique haven and the renowned Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival is held in the spring.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!