Registered Nurse – ICU job in Austell, GA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
With 382 beds, the hospital is equipped to deal with general medical and surgical issues. The emergency department in the facility is recognized for the chest pain center, fast track program, and children’s emergency & immediate care center. The hospital has been well awarded and is recognized as a “Top 100” facility. The cancer and cardiac programs at the facility are well recognized and allow for the integration of more advanced technologies. Other notable programs include a private maternity center and accredited total joint program. Building relationships with the surrounding South Cobb County community members is important to those at the hospital and is a main priority to ensure the highest levels of care possible.
Austell is small suburb right outside of the greater Atlanta, GA (only a 20-minute drive to the center of the city). As the 9th largest metropolitan city in the United States, Atlanta, GA, is full of endless amounts of things to do. There are many attractions to explore such as the Georgia Aquarium, the world’s largest aquarium, the World of Coca-Cola, the museum showcasing the popular soft drink and its history, or the Centennial Olympic Park, home of the 1996 Olympics. Atlanta is also a culinary hot spot, offering everything from the Atlanta Food Truck Park and Market to farm-to-table eateries to the biggest drive-thru restaurant in the world, The Varsity. Atlanta also offers sports’ lovers six iconic teams to follow including the Atlanta Falcons and the Braves. One of Atlanta’s best-known attributes is its shopping scene, consisting of everything from the newest fashion trends to vintage finds.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!