Registered Nurse – CCU job in Arcata, CA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 78-bed, acute care medical facility is locally owned, independently operated, and committed to providing the best care to their patients. It offers a complete range of acute care inpatient services, including OB, emergency medicine, physical therapy, ICU, MedSurg and radiological services. This hospital is one of the first and one of very few hospitals to offer an on-site vegetable garden serving fresh produce to its patients and employees.
Arcata is a small university town on the north end of Humboldt Bay in California. It is the perfect place to relax and enjoy life the way it should be, enjoying fresh air and a beautiful natural environment. The pace of life is a bit calmer in Arcata and Humboldt County features rocky coasts, scenic rivers, sandy beaches and over 40 parks and preserves to explore. See the world’s largest trees in Redwood National & State Park or discover the birds and mammals at Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge. Be sure to also check out the dozens of fine restaurants, coffee shops, art galleries, museums, antique stores, and one-of-a-kind shops in Old Town Eureka.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!