Registered Nurse – ICU Job in Vallejo, CA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN)
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life-threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
For more than 100 years, this 102-licensed bed facility has served the residents of Solano County and surrounding areas. The hospital provides exceptional healthcare in a compassionate, healing environment. It is part of a large Northern California Health System of not-for-profit hospitals and is recognized by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center for their exceptional ability to provide high-quality stroke care. Also home to a Cancer Center and Family Birth Center, this facility provides many other services including 24-hour emergency care, surgery, cardiology, intensive care, diagnostic imaging, endoscopy, inpatient rehabilitation, laboratory, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedic care, and respiratory therapy.
Vallejo is located in California’s San Francisco Bay Area and just 30 minutes from downtown San Fran. It’s home to Six Flags: Discovery Kingdom, so if you are a thrill-seeking nurse, be sure to check out the high-speed roller coasters. The trail-lined Benicia State Recreation Area offers grassy hillsides and rugged beaches any outdoor-enthusiast will appreciate. If you love fresh fruits, vegetables, greens, nuts, freshly caught seafood, and fresh-cut flowers, Vallejo Farmers’ Market is open year-round on Saturdays.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!