Registered Nurse – ICU Job in Sacramento, CA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN)
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
This facility opened its doors in 1923 and has served the Sacramento area for generations. Located in the downtown area, the medical center includes several facilities such as the Women & Children’s Center and a Center for Psychiatry. This Hospital System provides coordinated care to more than 3 million Californians and this facility ranks among the best hospitals in California by U.S. News & World Report.
Sacramento is the capital of California and a city that is rich with history, culture, and countless things to do on your next travel nurse adventure. “California begins here” and you will understand why once you arrive. It is easy to fall in love with Sacramento with its deep roots from the Gold Rush era. Old Sacramento hosts beautiful river views, excellent eateries, and exciting museums, including the California State Railroad Museum. History buff nurses should check out the downtown area to visit Capitol Park and Sutter’s Fort. For the young-at-heart or those traveling with families, the Sacramento Zoo and Fairytale Town are great choices for fun on your days off.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!