Registered Nurse – ICU Job in Antioch, CA
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN)
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment static function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
This nationally ranked acute care facility is part of a large, award-winning Northern California Health System and has served the people of Antioch and surrounding towns and cities for over 40 years. Known for investing in the most advanced technology and recruiting top-notch physicians, this hospital offers a wide range of high-quality inpatient and outpatient care. The facility has 145-beds and has been recognized for America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention Award, Critical Care Excellence Award, and more.
The city of Antioch is only 45 minutes from San Francisco, located in the East Bay region. On your off days take advantage of the quick drive to one of the country’s greatest cities – we highly recommend the Alcatraz Tour. Antioch is a charming city that sits on the San Joaquin River. Antioch is known as the gateway to the California Delta so you can expect some gorgeous vistas over the waterways around Antioch as well as picturesque scenery on this assignment. Pick up the area’s best fresh and local produce at the Somersville Towne Center Farmers Market. The Black Diamond Mines preserve is a must-see and the Lynn House Art Gallery is a great stop for art lovers.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!