Rad Tech – Radiology job in Fort Smith, AR
Radiologic Technologist (Rad Tech) Travel Job
Radiologic Technologist Rad Tech Responsibilities:
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis and adjusts and sets radiographic controls, such as kilovoltage and milliamperage, to prescribed specifications for proper timing of exposure.
- Rad Tech reviews and evaluates developed x-rays, video tape, or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Radiographer takes X-rays of patients’ chest, limbs, or other parts of the body as requested by physicians.
- Administers contrast media to patients for gastrointestinal and other special studies.
- Monitors patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
- Performs radiographic procedures for patients in surgery.
- Protects patient and other personnel from radiation hazards.
- Radiology Technologist keys commands and data into computer to document and specify sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images, and distributes films to appropriate medical staff.
- Radiological Technician develops, fixes, washes, and dries exposed films using film processing and drying equipment.
- Maintain and prepare required records such as patient records, daily logbooks, and monthly reports.
- Rad Tech maintains quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
- Radiographer cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining repairs needed for equipment and ensuring radiographic supplies and film are well-stocked.
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured and assume responsibility for the mental and physical comfort of patients as well as their safety.
- Rad Tech uses professional and ethical judgment and critical thinking when performing duties and makes suggestions for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 336-bed acute care hospital has more than a 100-year history of providing excellent care to the community. This facility includes a Level III neonatal intensive care unit and The Hembree Cancer Center, that serves patients with a comprehensive approach to treatment including the latest in radiation therapy. Services available at this hospital include: an outpatient center with diagnostic and outpatient testing and surgery services, a women’s center providing neonatology, OB anesthesia, digital mammography equipment and labor/delivery services, a sleep disorders center, wound care with hyperbaric medicine, and home care, hospice, and palliative care.
Where the New South meets the Old West, Fort Smith, AR is where you can relive 200 years of history. Explore a diverse natural landscape and discover modern attractions and amenities inside America’s original gateway to The Wild West. Fort Smith also has a thriving arts & culture scene, exciting nightlife and entertainment, unique shopping opportunities, family-friendly events and festivals, and a very diverse selection of restaurants.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Rad Tech at GIFTED? We do!