Rad Tech – Rad Tech job in Austin, TX
Radiologic Technologist (Rad Tech) Travel Job
Radiologic Technologist Rad Tech Responsibilities:
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis and adjusts and sets radiographic controls, such as kilovoltage and milliamperage, to prescribed specifications for proper timing of exposure.
- Rad Tech reviews and evaluates developed x-rays, video tape, or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Radiographer takes X-rays of patients’ chest, limbs, or other parts of the body as requested by physicians.
- Administers contrast media to patients for gastrointestinal and other special studies.
- Monitors patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
- Performs radiographic procedures for patients in surgery.
- Protects patient and other personnel from radiation hazards.
- Radiology Technologist keys commands and data into computer to document and specify sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images, and distributes films to appropriate medical staff.
- Radiological Technician develops, fixes, washes, and dries exposed films using film processing and drying equipment.
- Maintain and prepare required records such as patient records, daily logbooks, and monthly reports.
- Rad Tech maintains quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
- Radiographer cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining repairs needed for equipment and ensuring radiographic supplies and film are well-stocked.
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured and assume responsibility for the mental and physical comfort of patients as well as their safety.
- Rad Tech uses professional and ethical judgment and critical thinking when performing duties and makes suggestions for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Rad Tech at GIFTED? We do!