Rad Tech – OR job in Metairie, LA
Radiologic Technologist (Rad Tech) Travel Job
Radiologic Technologist Rad Tech Responsibilities:
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis and adjusts and sets radiographic controls, such as kilovoltage and milliamperage, to prescribed specifications for proper timing of exposure.
- Rad Tech reviews and evaluates developed x-rays, video tape, or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Radiographer takes X-rays of patients’ chest, limbs, or other parts of the body as requested by physicians.
- Administers contrast media to patients for gastrointestinal and other special studies.
- Monitors patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
- Performs radiographic procedures for patients in surgery.
- Protects patient and other personnel from radiation hazards.
- Radiology Technologist keys commands and data into computer to document and specify sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images, and distributes films to appropriate medical staff.
- Radiological Technician develops, fixes, washes, and dries exposed films using film processing and drying equipment.
- Maintain and prepare required records such as patient records, daily logbooks, and monthly reports.
- Rad Tech maintains quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
- Radiographer cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining repairs needed for equipment and ensuring radiographic supplies and film are well-stocked.
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured and assume responsibility for the mental and physical comfort of patients as well as their safety.
- Rad Tech uses professional and ethical judgment and critical thinking when performing duties and makes suggestions for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 420-bed hospital is a state-of-the-art facility that provides an array of inpatient and outpatient services to the community that it serves. It is one of the most widely accredited and acclaimed hospitals in the region, with awards and recognitions including: The Joint Commission, ANCC Magnet Recognition Program, #1 in Louisiana in Overall Hospital Care, Gold Seal for Stroke Center, and many more!
New Orleans is one of the world’s most fascinating cities located on the Mississippi river bend, hence the name “The Crescent City”. It is home to a unique melting pot of culture, food, art and music. Stroll up and down Royal Street and take in the beautiful art and antique shopping; take a ride on the streetcar and see the magnificent St. Charles Avenue mansions; catch a Saints football game at the Superdome, and even enjoy a celebrated parade during the unique season of Mardi Gras. From world-famous restaurants and cuisine to some of the best local music in the world, New Orleans has something great to discover at every turn. New Orleans is heart, soul and spirit of Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Rad Tech at GIFTED? We do!