Rad Tech – Cath Lab job in Springfield, OR
Radiologic Technologist (Rad Tech) Travel Job
Radiologic Technologist Rad Tech Responsibilities:
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis and adjusts and sets radiographic controls, such as kilovoltage and milliamperage, to prescribed specifications for proper timing of exposure.
- Rad Tech reviews and evaluates developed x-rays, video tape, or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Radiographer takes X-rays of patients’ chest, limbs, or other parts of the body as requested by physicians.
- Administers contrast media to patients for gastrointestinal and other special studies.
- Monitors patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
- Performs radiographic procedures for patients in surgery.
- Protects patient and other personnel from radiation hazards.
- Radiology Technologist keys commands and data into computer to document and specify sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images, and distributes films to appropriate medical staff.
- Radiological Technician develops, fixes, washes, and dries exposed films using film processing and drying equipment.
- Maintain and prepare required records such as patient records, daily logbooks, and monthly reports.
- Rad Tech maintains quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
- Radiographer cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining repairs needed for equipment and ensuring radiographic supplies and film are well-stocked.
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured and assume responsibility for the mental and physical comfort of patients as well as their safety.
- Rad Tech uses professional and ethical judgment and critical thinking when performing duties and makes suggestions for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This state-of-the-art tertiary care, medical center is part of a larger healthcare system and is focused on providing a patient-centered healing environment with a strong focus on patient safety and clinical outcomes. This facility offers 347-beds and offers all major medical services. It has been recognized by the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Programs for meritorious outcomes for surgical patient care for the last three consecutive years. This hospital has also been named one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation for women’s health by Becker’s Hospital Review and ranked one of the 97 best hospitals for joint replacements by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Eugene-Springfield is the second largest metropolitan in Oregon. Home of the University of Oregon, Eugene is a town of action! You can join in its many adventures from running Pre’s Trail, strolling through blooming rhododendrons in Hendricks Park, biking through the town or along the Ridgeline Trail, or hiking to the top of Spencer Butte. Treat yourself to shopping locally-owned stores, galleries and artisan markets or take a scenic drive through wine country. Immerse yourself in the vibrant city by exploring its amazing culinary options or check out live music at a small bar or the Hult Center for the Performing Arts.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Rad Tech at GIFTED? We do!