Registered Nurse - MedSurg Per Diem Job in Carnegie, OK
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Per Diem JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
This critical access, general medical and surgical hospital has 19-beds. It offers the following services to its patients: emergency, radiology, laboratory, nursing, rehabilitation, and respiratory therapy.
Carnegie is located approximately 43 miles north of Lawton. Lawton, OK is the fifth largest city in Oklahoma and is a city full of history and culture! Explore the Museum of the Great Plains, featuring archaeological and cultural artifacts and a replica of a trading post. Hike or drive through the beautiful Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge and see wild buffalo, elk, and deer grazing the land. See a show at the Lawton Community Theatre, which is the oldest performing arts institution in southwest Oklahoma and an award-winning live theater.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!