Registered Nurse - MedSurg Per Diem Job in Marrero, LA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Per Diem JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Ranked among the top 5% of hospitals nationwide, this 435 bed facility is a teaching facility as well as a not for profit, community hospital located just outside of New Orleans, LA. This facility enjoys several awards due largely to its patient centric culture. In addition, this hospital reports investing in the career experience of the nurse through several innovative programs.
New Orleans is one of the world’s most fascinating cities located on the Mississippi river bend, hence the name “The Crescent City”. It is home to a unique melting pot of culture, food, art and music. Stroll up and down Royal Street and take in the beautiful art and antique shopping; take a ride on the streetcar and see the magnificent St. Charles Avenue mansions; catch a Saints football game at the Superdome, and even enjoy a celebrated parade during the unique season of Mardi Gras. From world-famous restaurants and cuisine to some of the best local music in the world, New Orleans has something great to discover at every turn. New Orleans is heart, soul and spirit of Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!