Registered Nurse - MedSurg Per Diem Job in Pine Bluff, AR
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Per Diem JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
This not-for-profit full-service hospital’s primary purpose is to provide healthcare to the citizens of Southeast Arkansas. It is the only general acute care hospital in Jefferson County, and includes 349 acute care beds. Services provided include Level 3 Trauma Center, Cardiology, Emergency Care, Imaging, Neurology, and Surgical Services. The hospital is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Pine Bluff, AR lies near the Arkansas River and is located about an hour and a half from Little Rock, AR. Located in the Pine Bluff downtown area and within walking distance of each other is the Arkansas Entertainers Hall of Fame, the Pine Bluff-Jefferson County Historical Museum and the Southeast Arkansas Arts and Science Center. Located close by is the Arkansas Railroad Museum, which houses a steam locomotive. Lake Saracen lies immediately north of downtown and offers fishing. Saracen Landing hosts the local farmers market and numerous special events. Art enthusiasts can admire the fabulous work of James Hayes Art Glass at his studio in town. The Pine Bluff-Jefferson County Regional Park, located east of the lake, is home to a campground and the Delta Rivers Nature Center.
*** Jefferson Regional DOE NOT offer the ACLS but they have a UAMS facility w/in their hospital that does. The class is usually between the hours of 8-430 and you must complete a form to attend. ***
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!