Registered Nurse - ER Per Diem Job in Oklahoma City, OK
Emergency Room (ER/ED) Registered Nurse Per Diem JobEmergency Room nurses provide care for patients with various types if illness or trauma requiring emergency attention. The ER RN must be able to recognize and treat life-threatening conditions.
Emergency Room/ ER/ ED RN Responsibilities:
- The Emergency Room Registered Nurse records present symptomology, as well as a thorough patient history. He or she assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans in coordination with other healthcare team members
- Manages care of patients experiencing life threatening problems
- Performs triage interventions
- The ED RN Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Records patient’s vital signs
- Works with physicians to assist in exams, diagnostic testing, and treatments
- Provides IV therapies
- Treats wounds
- ER RN’s provide exceptional bedside care
- Prepare, administer, and records prescribed medications
- The Emergency Department Registered Nurse reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments
- It is the responsibility of the ED RN to report suspected abuse to appropriate agencies
- Initiates patient education plan as prescribed
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Provides education and support to patient family members
- Assesses on an ongoing basis, the patient’s physical and emotional wellbeing
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
As part of the largest health care system in Oklahoma, this facility is uniquely positioned to provide state- of-the-art care to the Oklahoma City Community. The facility has garnered national recognition for its’ services and has received several awards, including recognition as one of America’s Best Emergency Care Hospitals, America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Best Hospital for Obstetrics, Accredited Chest Pain Center, Leading Performer in Patient Experience, and the Gold Standard Accreditation for Cancer. The Health System prides itself on inspiring nursing excellence, and invests in the attraction of exceptional nurse talent.
The facility is currently undergoing an EPIC EMR conversion, and is looking for nurses to assist in its’ exciting transition to a new EMR system. The EMR conversion project is ongoing.
In Oklahoma City you can visit the Zoo, go to an OKC Thunder basketball game, or check out one of the many museums, fun festivals, or outdoor activities. Over 50 legendary attractions including the National Cowboy and Western Museum and the Myriad Botanical Gardens, in addition to world-class shopping and restaurants makes OKC the ideal destination. Discover the sights and sounds of the Old West in Stockyards City, watch or place your bets at the horse races in Remington Park, then have dinner and see a show in historic and charming Bricktown.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!