Operating Room Technician – ORT job in Silver City, NM
Operating Room Technician (ORT) Travel Job
Operating Room Technician ORT Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- ORT performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and takes immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Operating Room Technician ORT assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- Operating Room Tech documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- ORT cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- Surgical Technician assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Operating Room Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- ORT assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening of room, as necessary.
- ORT leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This county-owned, not-for-profit, 68-bed acute care hospital with a strong commitment to the people it serves. It is home to the Cancer Center and Surgical Center of the Southwest. This facility has The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and has been recognized many times including Quality New Mexico Roadrunner Recognition for numerous years and CMA 4-Star Quality rated hospital, 1 of 3 in the state of New Mexico.
Silver City is a gem in Southwest New Mexico with forest recreation, a vibrant historic downtown, art community, and dozens of festivals and events. This quirky cultural town is one of New Mexico’s hidden gems, nestled against the 3.3 million-acre Gila National Forest, it’s the perfect scenery to stop, explore and connect with nature. On your night off, check out a show at the Pinos Altos Opera House or check out the beautiful stars and possible meteor showers due to the high elevation and dry climate of Silver City.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Operating Room Technician at GIFTED? We do!