Operating Room Technician – ORT job in Leesburg, VA
Operating Room Technician (ORT) Travel Job
Operating Room Technician ORT Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- ORT performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and takes immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Operating Room Technician ORT assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- Operating Room Tech documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- ORT cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- Surgical Technician assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Operating Room Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- ORT assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening of room, as necessary.
- ORT leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger not-for-profit healthcare system, this 183-bed is a nationally recognized, acute-care community hospital that uses state-of-the-art technology, serving their growing and diverse community since 1912. The Leapfrog Group has given this hospital a safety score of straight A’s since 2012 and iVantage named it a “Top 100 Hospital” with their Healthstrong Award.
Located in Northern Virginia near Washington D.C., the area of Leesburg is rich in historical attractions, traditions, recreational opportunities, and lots of things to do that will engage outdoor enthusiasts, foodies, and history bluffs alike. Visit the Air and Space Museum or stroll through historic sites including Morven Park and Oatlands Plantation. Ignite your culinary sense by touring wineries, breweries, and distilleries, or explore the great outdoors with white water rafting or cycling. The possibilities are endless!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Operating Room Technician at GIFTED? We do!