Operating Room Technician – ORT job in Gainesville, GA
Operating Room Technician (ORT) Travel Job
Operating Room Technician ORT Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- ORT performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and takes immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Operating Room Technician ORT assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- Operating Room Tech documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- ORT cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- Surgical Technician assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Operating Room Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- ORT assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening of room, as necessary.
- ORT leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger, not-for-profit, community health system, dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. It offers a full range of healthcare services and was rated as Georgia’s #1 Hospital (according to CareChex), the #2 Hospital in the Nation and among only twenty large community hospitals named to Truven Healthcare’s list of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals.
Nicknamed the “Queen City of the Mountains” Gainesville, GA is located 52 miles’ northeast of Atlanta, on the shore of Lake Lanier. Lake Sidney Lanier offers many recreational opportunities on your day off or after a long shift, including canoe and kayak rentals at the Olympic Venue! Be sure to take a stroll through Downtown Gainesville, located in the heart of the city. It is where you can explore unique boutiques, live music, vendors, and local restaurants. Arts fans have plenty of attractions to choose from, the Gainesville Ballet, the Gainesville Symphony, the Smithgall Arts Center, or the art galleries at Gainesville State College, just to name a few. With varied cultural opportunities, Blue Ridge Mountains, lakes, parks, and the short distance to Atlanta, Gainesville is one of Georgia’s most favorably located cities.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Operating Room Technician at GIFTED? We do!