Medical Technologist – Histology job in Atlanta, GA
Medical Technologist (MT) Local Job
Medical Technologist (MT) Responsibilities:
- Medical Tech analyzes the tests that have been performed and provides relevant results that may pertain in diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases.
- Performs and/or assists in performing all assigned qualitative and quantitative chemical tests on patient blood and body fluids (inclusive of, but not limited to, chemical, endocrinological, toxicological, immunological, and other analytes as required).
- MT sorts, spins, and separates specimens for analysis.
- Complete all required documentation and perform all required quality assurance/CQI procedures. Log, enter, verify, and validate all requisite data in computerized clinical system or on manual records. Records and reports abnormal findings (“critical values”) to supervisor(s) and respective clinical providers and units.
- MT maintains records of patient test results, quality control, and management.
- Performs ongoing daily quality assurance/CQI static functions in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure safety, environmental, and infection control and compliance with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Medical Technologist understands principles involved in test reactions and understands laboratory procedures.
- Perform and document quality control procedures for each test performed. Documents all quality control failures and corrective action taken.
- MT performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and solves problems or determines alternative solutions for analysis if needed and reports all deviations from established procedure to the Coordinator. Investigates testing problems/errors and informs Department Coordinator of all irregularities, errors of instrument failure, and measures taken to solve problem.
- Check the blood group and blood type and help in successful blood transfusion for patients suffering from severe diseases.
- Monitor and maintain all equipment and ensure that required chemicals and infrastructure are available in the laboratories.
- Medical Technologist receives, labels, and processes patient specimens, entering requisite information into section computerized system in accordance with set procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Join a state-of-the-art facility staffed with skilled, caring professionals who are dedicated to the health and wellness of their community. This health system made up of three area hospitals, includes over 600 licensed beds, more than 2,500 physicians and 14,200 employees. The hospital sees nearly 2,000,000 patient annually. This full-service, acute-care hospital offers particular expertise in Maternity Services, Women’s Health, Cancer Care, Surgery and Radiology. Forbes named this hospital one of America’s Best Employers and the #1 employer in Georgia.
From the world’s largest aquarium to a diverse selection of museums and scenic parks, Atlanta, Georgia is a destination where travel nurses will never run out of things to see and do. Attractions such as the Georgia Aquarium, home to more than 500 species from around the globe that live in more than 10 million gallons of fresh and marine water, the Atlanta History Center, home to the Atlanta History Museum and six historic gardens, and Piedmont Park, a 189-acre urban park that serves as a cultural and recreational green space for the city, should not be missed. From boutiques to art galleries, antiques and outlet centers, Atlanta shopping is everywhere. Venture into Buckhead for luxurious Atlanta shopping with upscale malls. Discover the hottest boutiques in neighborhood shopping districts, from Midtown and Virginia Highland to funky vintage finds in Little Five Points.
Body of email with profile must include the following:
*Please submit all profiles with the below chart format.
Candidate Phone Number:
EMR Trained: (Cerner, Epic, McKesson)
Length of potential contract:
Potential Start Date:
Campus: (Atlanta, Cherokee, Forsyth, Lawrenceville, Duluth) – Any / Specify
(If Gwinnett – Last 4 SS)
Time Off Needed/Requested:
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Medical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!