Licensed Practical Nurse – MedSurg Per Diem job in Lutcher, LA
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Per Diem Job
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) plan and manage patient care which is specific and detailed toward each individual.
- Act as the eyes and ears of Registered Nurses and Physicians.
- Perform ongoing and accurate assessments of vital signs.
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) administer and monitor patient medications and dressing changes as needed.
- Provide education when needed to each patient and their families regarding procedures and illnesses.
- Often asked to supervise nursing assistants and act as the leader of a group of nurses.
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) are asked to act as a supportive voice for their patient, making sure the patient is being heard and understood in all medical situations.
- Find, address, and provide solutions for any problems a specific patient might have in terms of their care plan.
- Create and update detailed patient charts that are complete and relevant.
- Administer intravenous medication and fluids and care for those intravenous lines in all patients.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
The vision at St. James Parish Hospital is to be the community’s first choice for most healthcare needs. Making patients more comfortable through cost effective means is integral to the hospital’s mission and promise to the community. The services offered at the medical center include surgery, urology, urgent care, and the family clinic. With 25 beds, the hospital is truly large enough to serve and small enough to care, so patients can expect an individualized approach to treatment plans. The facility has access to cutting edge technology and is conveniently located close to those in the nearby communities. The medical center operates as a critical access, non-profit hospital with a focus on being an active member of the community which it is a part of.
Lutcher is a quaint and community-oriented town that is improved daily by the citizens that live there. Enjoy some of the best Gumbo ever in Lutcher, and we guarantee it is something you will want to call home about. There is plenty of outdoor space in Lutcher and numerous restaurants that make living there comfortable and convenient. Despite its size, Lutcher most definitely packs a punch, and is located on 30-minutes or so outside of New Orleans, LA.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Licensed Practical Nurse at GIFTED? We do!