Licensed Practical Nurse – Clinic job in New Orleans, LA
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Local Job
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Responsibilities:
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) plan and manage patient care which is specific and detailed toward each individual.
- Act as the eyes and ears of Registered Nurses and Physicians.
- Perform ongoing and accurate assessments of vital signs.
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) administer and monitor patient medications and dressing changes as needed.
- Provide education when needed to each patient and their families regarding procedures and illnesses.
- Often asked to supervise nursing assistants and act as the leader of a group of nurses.
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) are asked to act as a supportive voice for their patient, making sure the patient is being heard and understood in all medical situations.
- Find, address, and provide solutions for any problems a specific patient might have in terms of their care plan.
- Create and update detailed patient charts that are complete and relevant.
- Administer intravenous medication and fluids and care for those intravenous lines in all patients.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This mission driven facility, which provides exceptional patient centric pediatric care is a 247 bed not-for-profit facility offering a cohesive range of healthcare services for children and adolescents. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) offers 36-beds, and in addition here is a 24-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) as well as a 20-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU). Finally the Emergency room offers 35 exam rooms. As part of a larger Health System, this facility is nestled in the middle of New Orleans, LA.
New Orleans is one of the world’s most fascinating cities located on the Mississippi river bend, hence the name “The Crescent City”. It is home to a unique melting pot of culture, food, art and music. Stroll up and down Royal Street and take in the beautiful art and antique shopping; take a ride on the streetcar and see the magnificent St. Charles Avenue mansions; catch a Saints football game at the Superdome, and even enjoy a celebrated parade during the unique season of Mardi Gras. From world-famous restaurants and cuisine to some of the best local music in the world, New Orleans has something great to discover at every turn. New Orleans is heart, soul and spirit of Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Licensed Practical Nurse at GIFTED? We do!