Registered Nurse - MedSurg Job in Covington, LA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Local JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Nurse owned and operated GIFTED Healthcare works with top-notch healthcare providers across the state of Louisiana – from major academic facilities to small rural community hospitals, boutique nursing homes to large LTAC facilities. GIFTED per diem nurses enjoy flexibility in scheduling, new location options, and unparalleled support from the GIFTED Nurse and Staffing teams. Per Diem work means more job options and facility choices for you, as well as higher hourly pay. Our GIFTED Healthcare offices in Louisiana also offer local contracts, for nurses who are interested in a longer term commitment with a guaranteed income.
Louisiana is a state with so much diversity that a short drive takes you to another world within the state’s borders. No place in America is better known for its music and food. Louisiana is the birthplace of jazz and is the home of Cajun and Zydeco music, Creole and Cajun food, and swamp tours. Louisiana also has more festivals than any other state and is the only place where you can enjoy Mardi Gras; which is celebrated throughout the entire state. Whatever your passion, you will find it in Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!