Cath Lab Technician - Cath Lab Job in Los Angeles, CA
Cardiac Catheterization Technologist (Cath Lab Tech) Local JobCatheterization Laboratory Technologists are vital team members who assist doctors during invasive cardiovascular procedures such as angioplasty, cardiac catheterization, and electrophysiology. They spend most of their working time in procedures that may become high stress situations due to complications that may arise. Cath Lab Techs are also responsible, under the general supervision of a physician, for maintaining a therapeutic environment for patients.
Cardiac Catheterization Technologist (Cath Lab Tech) Responsibilities:
- Cath Lab Tech prepares and positions patients for invasive heart procedures, including cleaning, shaving, and anesthetizing the area of insertion when required.
- Assist with the performance of diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterizations and other related procedures.
- Cath Lab Tech sets up sterile trays for procedures, scrub patients, and act as scrub assistant during catheterization.
- Assist with CPR and defibrillation during emergency situations.
- Cath Lab Tech operates physiologic monitoring recorders and monitors gauges, recorders, and video screens during imaging.
- Assist with instrument sterilization and radiographic equipment positioning.
- Catheterization Laboratory Tech assists physicians with patient monitoring during surgery or procedures, including monitoring EKG readouts, and keeps the doctor apprised of anything considered abnormal.
- Catheterization Technologist documents evaluation results, progress reports, treatment plans, and other data using appropriate formats and systems.
- Catheterization Lab Tech ensures EKG equipment is in working order prior to a procedure.
- Explain procedures to patients and families.
- Catheterization Lab Technician prepares reports of diagnostic procedures for interpretation by physician.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Cath Lab Tech, at GIFTED? We do!