Endoscopy Tech – Endoscopy job in Hammond, LA
Endoscopy Tech Local Job
Endoscopy Endo Technician Responsibilities:
- Endoscopy Technician observes a high level of technical skill during procedures and anticipates the Endoscopist’s needs and has supplies and equipment at hand.
- Assist with performing maneuvers such as polypectomies and collection and documentation of specimens.
- Perform EKG’s and placement of Pulse Oximeter
- GI Endo Tech performs specimen collection and labels and prepares specimens for delivery to lab.
- Obtain, monitor, and document vital signs and retrieves endoscopy reports from EMR system.
- Gastrointestinal Technician sets up, cleans, and cares for scopes, the exam room, computers, and other procedure equipment as well as ensures there are adequate supplies in the room and that the space is clean between cases and at the end of every day.
- Clean and disinfect scopes to ensure compliance with Infection Control standard and that they are not damaged during procedures or cleaning.
- Greet patients and escort them to exam/procedure room.
- Endo Tech performs patient teaching.
- Endoscopy Technician must communicate effectively and be a solid team player who is committed to providing excellent patient service and professionalism.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Winner of the 2012 Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, this 355-bed health system provides cancer care, diabetes education, emergency care, heart health services, has an intensive care unit, radiology services, rehabilitation, sports medicine, surgical services, and more. Just like GIFTED, North Oaks believes in doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, in order to achieve the best possible result for every patient. They have earned New Orleans CityBusiness Best Places to Work for 6 consecutive years!
The beautiful, quaint city of Hammond is nestled between New Orleans and Baton Rouge Louisiana, only a 45 minute drive to either. Hammond offers many nearby attractions; a safari adventure at the Global Wildlife Center, the Kentwood Historical and Cultural Arts Museum, the Camp Moore Confederate Museum, and Kliebert’s Alligator farm, where visitors get up close and personal with a working alligator and turtle farm. The area is an antique haven and the renowned Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival is held in the spring.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Endoscopy Tech at GIFTED? We do!