Echo Tech – Echocardiography job in Gallatin, TN
Echocardiograph Technician (Echo Tech) Travel Job
Echocardiography Technician Echo Tech Responsibilities:
- Perform examinations, recognizing the significance of all structures that are always visualized, and differentiate artifacts from appropriate images, recognizing the limitations of equipment and utilizing knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Echo Tech operates ultrasound equipment using a variety of possible techniques, including M-mode, 2-dimensional, pulsed Doppler, and continuous wave Doppler flow mapping where appropriate.
- Echo Tech performs quantitative measurements and calculations of Doppler recordings, 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional images.
- Independently perform complex adult and pediatric cardiac ultrasound examinations, including transthoracic and stress echocardiograms, using the most appropriate mode of imaging for the situation.
- Echocardiography Technician utilizes both color flow and spectral Doppler to accurately evaluate simple valvar obstruction and intracardiac shunts.
- Assist physician during transesophageal echocardiographic exams, dobutamine stress echocardiographic exams, and stress echocardiographic exams.
- Echo Tech performs emergency examinations in the department, intensive care units, nursing units, emergency room, cardiac Cath lab, and operating rooms.
- Review the patient’s medical record and establish a pre-diagnosis for each patient based on their history and the reason for the test as stated on the requisition.
- Prepare the patient for the procedure and explain the procedure to them in a calm and clear manner and at an appropriate level for each patient.
- Echo Tech places ECG leads in appropriate positions for systolic timing during echocardiographic examinations.
- Analyze and problem solve, taking into consideration a wide variety of variables to come to a logical and accurate conclusion.
- Echo Tech monitors and identifies patient care needs and responds appropriately.
- Perform routine cleaning and quality checks on echocardiography equipment and ensures all machines are in good working order.
- Echocardiography Tech calculates complex formulas involving ratios and percentages using the metric system.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Echo Tech at GIFTED? We do!