CT Technologist – CT Tech job in New Orleans, LA
CAT Scan Technologist (CT Tech) Local Job
CAT Scan Technologist (CT Tech) Responsibilities:
- CAT Technologist operates CAT scan and sends images to radiologist for interpretation.
- Determine and set appropriate technical parameters and position patients so desired anatomy and pathology will be accurately demonstrated.
- CT Tech administers contrast material.
- Record the patient’s medical history before an exam and educate and prepare patients for their examinations.
- CAT Scan Technologist compassionately and effectively interacts with the sick or injured and assumes responsibility for the mental and physical comfort of patients as well as their safety.
- Act as the primary liaison between patients and radiologists and other members of the support team.
- CAT Scan Tech makes recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge, and skills based on general precedents.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- CT Tech makes decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
- Clean and disinfect patient rooms.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 90-bed state-of-the-art facility opened its doors in 2014 with the mission of providing easy access to exceptional care to the immediate community. The new facility offers a 14-bed ICU; 10 bed Intermediate Care Unit; 7-bed Universal Care Unit and Outpatient Diagnostic Services; 26-bed Medical/Surgical Unit; an additional 20-bed Medical/ Surgical Unit, and cardiac rehab and physical and occupational therapy facility.
Located just outside of New Orleans, this hospital works closely with a larger healthcare system to provide seamless care to the community. New Orleans is one of the world’s most fascinating cities located on the Mississippi river bend, hence the name “The Crescent City”. It is home to a unique melting pot of culture, food, art and music. Stroll up and down Royal Street and take in the beautiful art and antique shopping; take a ride on the streetcar and see the magnificent St. Charles Avenue mansions; catch a Saints football game at the Superdome, and even enjoy a celebrated parade during the unique season of Mardi Gras. From world-famous restaurants and cuisine to some of the best local music in the world, New Orleans has something great to discover at every turn. New Orleans is heart, soul and spirit of Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a CT Technologist at GIFTED? We do!