Certified Surgical Technologist – OR job in Pomona, CA
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 437-bed, fully accredited, acute care facility is a not-for-profit organization and has been nationally recognized for several different areas and specialties. The facility is home to four different centers of excellence and also has a full-service emergency department in addition to several specialty services including sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment, robotic surgery, and the family medicine residency program. The hospital has been recognized time and time again for outstanding work and high quality, compassionate care programs, making it one of the top ranked hospitals in the United States.
Located in Los Angeles county, Pomona is nestled in the Pomona Valley between the Inland Empire and the San Gabriel Valley. Recognized as an urban area of Los Angeles County, Pomona offers large amounts of sunshine year round alongside a warm Mediterranean climate. With very little to no rain during the summer and comfortable winter temperatures, there is plenty of time to engage in outdoor activities or enjoy the happening and exciting downtown areas. Spend time at the Pomona Art Walk, which takes place on the 2nd Saturday of every month or enjoy taking in one of the many beautiful museums that the city has to offer. From amazing brewing companies to outdoor farmer’s markets, Pomona has something that everyone will enjoy. Take a day during the winter season to drive only 16 miles and enjoy an ice-cold weekend getaway in San Antonio Canyon of Angeles National Forest.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!