Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in York, PA
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 580-bed acute care facility is home to a Level I Trauma Center and an accredited Comprehensive Stroke Center and is recognized as the region’s leader in advanced specialty care. This stat-of-the-art facility allows for some of the more complex medical and surgical procedures to be handled in a way that prioritizes the patient. Services offered at the facility include a recognized emergency department, women’s health, oncology care, spine care, and much more. As a nationally recognized teaching hospital with seven residency programs and five allied health schools, this hospital prides itself on teaching and training some of the best clinical staff members in the country.
Located right outside of Harrisburg, PA, York, is Pennsylvania’s #1 tourist region. York County is known as the Factory Tour Capital of the World housing some of the world’s most popular factories to tour such as Snyder’s of Hanover, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, and Martin’s Potato Chips. For the outdoor-loving nurse, there are spectacular parks, rivers, and mountains to enjoy. York also offers 2 year-round trails to enjoy sipping and hiking on the Mason-Dixon Wine Trail and the Susquehanna Ale trail!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!