Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Williston, ND
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility was established in 1928 in Williston, North Dakota, and has a strong reputation of serving its community. Whether it’s providing outpatient care and procedures such as IV Medication Infusions for chronic disease management or colon cancer screening, an unexpected broken arm, or rehabilitation services, this facility operates under a system of strong values: Compassion, Inclusion, Integrity, Excellence, and Collaboration.
Williston, North Dakota is the regional hub of northwest North Dakota located near the confluence of the Yellowstone and Missouri Rivers. Willison offers plenty of entertainment and outdoor activities: visit Lake Sakakawea, a beautiful man-made lake with hiking, biking, fishing, and camping areas. Or check out the Missouri-Yellowstone Confluence Interpretive Center, a museum highlighting the history of the area where the Missouri River and the Yellowstone River merge. For a day trip, drive along the Enchanted Highway to see a display of larger-than-life sculptures that reach for many miles, or visit the amazing International Peace Garden and Mystical Horizons in Dunseth, created in 1932 by the National Association of Gardeners in support of worldwide friendship.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!