Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Springfield, OR
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This state-of-the-art tertiary care, medical center is part of a larger healthcare system and is focused on providing a patient-centered healing environment with a strong focus on patient safety and clinical outcomes. This facility offers 347-beds and offers all major medical services. It has been recognized by the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Programs for meritorious outcomes for surgical patient care for the last three consecutive years. This hospital has also been named one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation for women’s health by Becker’s Hospital Review and ranked one of the 97 best hospitals for joint replacements by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Eugene-Springfield is the second largest metropolitan in Oregon. Home of the University of Oregon, Eugene is a town of action! You can join in its many adventures from running Pre’s Trail, strolling through blooming rhododendrons in Hendricks Park, biking through the town or along the Ridgeline Trail, or hiking to the top of Spencer Butte. Treat yourself to shopping locally-owned stores, galleries and artisan markets or take a scenic drive through wine country. Immerse yourself in the vibrant city by exploring its amazing culinary options or check out live music at a small bar or the Hult Center for the Performing Arts.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!