Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Pottstown, PA
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 232-bed facility offers a full range of health services including inpatient and outpatient, medical and surgical, and diagnostic and emergency care. It is dedicated to providing excellent care for patients and creating a safe work environment for practitioners and staff. It is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and has received numerous awards throughout the years including, the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for Hip and Knee Replacement.
Located about 40 miles northwest of Philadelphia and 20 miles southeast of Reading is Pottstown, PA. One of the most adventurous ways to see this city is through the United States Hot Air Balloon Team. Take a hot air balloon ride at either sunrise or sunset, April through November, and witness the magical, scenic views of this town. Check out a distillery tour or take a journey through Pottsgrove Manor, a historic home with collection items from the 1700s. Before a shift or on your day off, take a walk through Welkinweir, a beautiful oasis featuring a 55-acre arboretum and historic estate house, as well as a diverse wetland, meadow and woodland area. This enchanted property will allow you to escape reality and appreciate the beauty of nature.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!