Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Pine Bluff, AR
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This not-for-profit full-service hospital’s primary purpose is to provide healthcare to the citizens of Southeast Arkansas. It is the only general acute care hospital in Jefferson County, and includes 349 acute care beds. Services provided include Level 3 Trauma Center, Cardiology, Emergency Care, Imaging, Neurology, and Surgical Services. The hospital is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Pine Bluff, AR lies near the Arkansas River and is located about an hour and a half from Little Rock, AR. Located in the Pine Bluff downtown area and within walking distance of each other is the Arkansas Entertainers Hall of Fame, the Pine Bluff-Jefferson County Historical Museum and the Southeast Arkansas Arts and Science Center. Located close by is the Arkansas Railroad Museum, which houses a steam locomotive. Lake Saracen lies immediately north of downtown and offers fishing. Saracen Landing hosts the local farmers market and numerous special events. Art enthusiasts can admire the fabulous work of James Hayes Art Glass at his studio in town. The Pine Bluff-Jefferson County Regional Park, located east of the lake, is home to a campground and the Delta Rivers Nature Center.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!