Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in PALO ALTO, CA
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 361-bed facility is located in Stanford, California and is the only network in the Bay Area exclusively dedicated to obstetric and pediatric care. This hospital has been dedicated to providing excellent care to everyone within the Bay Area since 1991. The vision of this hospital is to heal humanity through science and compassion, one child and family at a time. This facilities’ medical services include cardiology, neonatology, brain and behavior services, dialysis, and many more. This hospital is nationally ranked and internationally recognized as being one of the best pediatric and obstetrics facilities.
Stanford is located in the Santa Clara County in California and is only 35 miles away from San Francisco. This city is most well known for being home to Stanford University, a private and prestigious research university. Although this town is known for its academic excellence, and proximity to Silicon Valley, there are many other adventures that await. Spend your day off wandering down University Ave and explore the 7-block strip known as one of the best and busiest shopping locations on the peninsula. Be sure to check out the landmark Stanford Dish radio telescope, discover the Cantor Arts Center, or take a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Hanna House.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!