Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Orlando, FL
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is a 285-bed hospital specially designed to serve the specific needs of women and babies. The Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies is an 11-story hospital and serves the community of Orlando, Florida. This hospital is one of the largest birthing centers in the U.S. and it provides complete women’s care from obstetrics and high risk pregnancies to gynecological services. This hospital offers a high maternity unit, post-partum and high-risk ante-partum units and a Triage Unit for women’s emergency and urgent care. Annually, more than 14,500 babies are born at Winnie Palmer Hospital, making it the busiest labor and delivery unit in the state of Florida and one of the busiest in the nation. Winnie Palmer Hospital is also home to one of the largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU) in the nation.
Located in Central Florida, Orlando is nicknamed “The City Beautiful” and known as “The Theme Park Capital of the World”. As the world’s premier tourist destination, some of the famous attractions include Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, Gatorland, Wet ‘n Wild, and SeaWorld. If theme parks are not for you, there are world-class spas, sophisticated shopping, and endless amounts of outdoor terrain to explore.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!