Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Madera, CA
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This nonprofit 106-bed, acute care facility offers a wide range of sophisticated diagnostic and treatment services. It’s Women’s Care Services has been recognized for its excellence and it is accredited through the State License and Federally Certified. This hospital has a Level III Emergency Department that receives over 30,000 patient visits annually.
As the fifth largest city in California, Fresno is at the center of San Joaquin Valley. Home to Fresno State and 58-miles from Yosemite National Park, this region ranks high in education and entertainment. Be sure to check out Fresno Chaffee Zoo, covering 39 acres and housing over 190 species, or explore the Forestiere Underground Gardens, which is described as a sustainable underground oasis. The San Joaquin Valley area is also known for its many vineyards, be sure to take a tour and explore the beautiful gardens that these wineries have to discover. The Tower District is a world all of its own located within Fresno. It consists of a collection of galleries, performing art venues, theaters, nightclubs, restaurants, cafes, and specialty shops that offer something unique for everyone.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!