Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Kingsport, TN
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 345-bed facility has been providing quality patient care for over 80 years. It is one out of six, of Tennessee’s Level I trauma centers, serving the most critically injured patients, and is also a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, treating the area’s sickest babies. It has been recognized among the nation’s best hospitals by the American Heart Association, has been Top 10% in the nation in orthopedics and women’s health, and a Top 100 in nation in neurological care.
Nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, Kingsport, TN is blessed with gorgeous weather year-round. This part of Tennessee is a truly charming, filled with river front state and national parks that are all accessible by foot. Explore Kingsport Greenbelt or Warriors Path State Park to enjoy the beautiful environments and activities such as hiking, mountain biking, fishing, boating, and most importantly, relaxing! Take a rafting trip, check out the Kingsport Speedway to see a NASCAR race, or spend a day at the Kingsport Aquatic Center, an indoor and outdoor water park complex. Kingsport Fun Fest happens annually in July, with concerts, food, and fireworks show for the whole town.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!