Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Hammond, LA
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Winner of the 2012 Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, this 355-bed health system provides cancer care, diabetes education, emergency care, heart health services, has an intensive care unit, radiology services, rehabilitation, sports medicine, surgical services, and more. Just like GIFTED, North Oaks believes in doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, in order to achieve the best possible result for every patient. They have earned New Orleans CityBusiness Best Places to Work for 6 consecutive years!
Whatever your health care needs may be, North Oaks Medical Center offers a full range of health care services — from childbirth services, high-tech diagnostic testing, open-heart and robotic surgery to health education, rehabilitation, occupational medicine and hospice.
Since opening in 1960, North Oaks Medical Center has grown from a 60-bed facility to become the flagship of North Oaks Health System with 237 beds. An expansion scheduled for completion in fall 2012 will bring the hospital to a total of 330 all-private rooms to provide patients and their families with a calm, healing environment. To make room for the growing number of North Oaks surgeons providing care to our region and the advanced, complex procedures they perform, the expansion also includes 14 new high-tech Operating Suites, a Surgical Intensive Care Unit, and 11 additional Same Day Surgery beds.
With more than 200 physicians representing 38 specialties and growing, North Oaks Medical Center stands ready to care for you and your family through all phases of life, today and into the future.
The beautiful, quaint city of Hammond is nestled between New Orleans and Baton Rouge Louisiana, only a 45 minute drive to either. Hammond offers many nearby attractions; a safari adventure at the Global Wildlife Center, the Kentwood Historical and Cultural Arts Museum, the Camp Moore Confederate Museum, and Kliebert’s Alligator farm, where visitors get up close and personal with a working alligator and turtle farm. The area is an antique haven and the renowned Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival is held in the spring.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!