Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Grand Forks, ND
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility, located in Grand Forks, North Dakota, is part of a health system with 3,800 health professionals and support staff committed to caring for the region for more than 100 years. Serving over 200,000 residents in northeast North Dakota and northwest Minnesota, they provide an array of services to meet the needs of patients of all ages and levels of health. The facility is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, with access to clinically integrated tools extending Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise to patients. They are committed to improving the delivery of healthcare through high quality, data-driven, evidence-based medical care and treatment.
North Dakota’s culture is warm and welcoming – in fact, “Dakota” is the Sioux word for “friend.” Grand Forks, North Dakota offers a variety of arts and cultural events, as well as the North Dakota Museum of Art, which shows many nationally touring exhibits and regional artists. Grand Forks also offers plenty of beautiful landscapes and outdoor recreation. The Grand Forks Park District consists of 14 neighborhood parks, 28 tennis courts, 2 swimming pools, and 3 “splash” parks. Or take a ride along the Greater Grand Forks Greenway, a large park that runs along the Red River and offers an extensive path system, large festival grounds, ski trails, and wildflower gardens.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!