Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Bentonville, AR
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital is a 128-bed acute care facility that serves the community of Bentonville, Arkansas. This facility has been accredited by The Joint Commission and offers a range of medical services. These medical services include but are not limited to cardiology, cardiovascular services, endocrinology, family practice, geriatrics, infectious disease, and even nephrology. This hospital’s Women’s Center features maternity care suits with home-like comfort and their Northwest Rehabilitation program focuses on joint, muscle, and bone injuries. This hospital’s vision is to be the healthcare provider of choice, renowned for exceeding the standard for quality and serving with passion.
Bentonville is located 25 miles directly north of Fayetteville, Arkansas. Bentonville is a beautiful city filled with towns where modern progress meets rich history, where the arts meet innovation, and where companies meet communities. This city is known for being the birthplace of Walmart as well as being a very bicycle-friendly culture. Residents can enjoy this all-inclusive cycling culture both as recreation and transportation. Bentonville provides its residents with access to the beautiful Ozark Mountains as well as other outdoor adventures. Enjoy the fresh cuisine or soul food at one of the many restaurants located in Bentonville.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!