Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Bay Saint Louis, MS
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility has been servicing the community since 1960 and is part of a larger health system that is the leader of health systems along the Gulf Coast region. This 102-bed, acute-care facility is fully accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. It offers a variety of special services including: Cardiac Rehab, Emergency, ICU, Imaging, Laboratory, Rehabilitation, Surgery, and Women’s Services.
Bay Saint Louis, MS is located 90 miles east of New Orleans. Named by Southern Living Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places in the South in 2016, this small town city offers a mixture of Southern grace, mystery, and heat. The historic Old Town has been around for over 300 years, offering lots of culture and a friendly vibe. Here you can take a walking tour of 19th-century homes, Creole cottages, and art galleries including the Second Saturday Art walk. Convenience is the name of the game in Bay St. Louis, where restaurants, shops, attractions, and the beach are all so close together. If you want to take a drive, Bay St. Louis is also home of the Hollywood Casino Gulf Coast and Buccaneer State Park, which features a waterpark, more than 300 campsites, a nature trail, and much more.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!