Certified Surgical Technologist – Certified Surgical Tech job in Baton Rouge, LA
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel Job
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are static functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper static functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital is dedicated to delivering top of the line healthcare to the surrounding community. With 150 beds and over 13 health centers, the facility is recognized for its commitment to comprehensive and convenient care. The medical center is focused on innovating the healthcare industry by utilizing advanced technologies. It has been recognized by Becker’s Healthcare as one of the “150 Top Place to Work in Healthcare”, so the environment is able to encourage healing and support. The hospital has also recently opened a new Family Birthing Center, complete with 8 individual labor and delivery rooms. The facility is happy to be serving the greater Baton Rouge community and plans to continue on this path long into the future.
As the capital of Louisiana, Baton Rouge is known as the “Capital City”. The city is culturally rich and made up of a diverse community of residents. With the city’s rich culture also comes an incredibly deep history, which is shown up and down its streets. Whether it is the Mardi Gras parades, restaurant week, or the Greater Baton Rouge State Fair, this beautiful city has something to offer everyone, and is conveniently located about 1-hour from New Orleans, LA.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Certified Surgical Technologist at GIFTED? We do!