OT - OT Job in Santa Cruz, CA
Occupational Therapist (OT) Local JobThe Occupational Therapist (OT) provides direct patient care, assessing a patient’s medical condition, functional capabilities, limitations and restrictions, and potential for rehabilitation. Our ideal Occupational Therapist candidate will be able to implement a comprehensive, medically prescribed occupational treatment to assigned patients in a supervised program of rehabilitation.
Occupational Therapist (OT) Responsibilities:
- Occupational Therapist establishes short- and long-term rehabilitation goals according to an individualized patient treatment plan and measures progress or lack of progress in achieving these goals.
- Will be responsible for direct patient care.
- OT provides therapy treatment to patients in their homes as prescribed by a physician.
- Assess and evaluate Occupational Therapy needs for assigned patient populations.
- Occupational Therapist reviews medical chart to ascertain important medical information and clarifies referral/OT treatment orders if necessary, for unfamiliar diagnosis.
- Select appropriate OT assessment tools and methods in order to accurately determine the patient’s status for developing an optimal treatment plan.
- OT demonstrates effective clinical decision-making and implements changes/adaptations to the OT treatment plan.
- Select appropriate technical aids/assistive devices and correctly refer patients to other clinical services to achieve stated program/team treatment goals.
- Occupational Therapist assesses educational needs of patient, families, and implements a variety of methods for patient/family education and training during rehabilitation process.
- Complete all required documentation for patient care, including evaluations and reimbursement.
- OT participates in clinical education of fieldwork students and other professional educational endeavors.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Occupational Therapist interviews resident to determine type of treatment and schedule therapy.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a OT, at GIFTED? We do!