How to Obtain Your Pennsylvania Nursing License
License by Endorsement
Application & Temporary License
Renew online — Active within 48 Hours/Upon proof of Child Abuse Course
Reinstatement (Inactive Status)
Approximately 30 days for mailed applications
Temporary License Processing
It takes approximately 10-14 business days to receive a temporary license in Pennsylvania after all required documents have been received. License valid for up to 1 year (must not have any prior convictions or disciplinary action to obtain).
Proof/Verification of Original State License
Verification/Copy of Current License
Transcripts — Received Directly from Nursing School
Temporary licenses are only issued while other required documents are in the process of being received and are used in the meantime before a permanent license is obtained. There are additional steps that must be completed to receive a permanent license.
Renewals & Reinstatements:
- Completion of 30 hours of CEUs are required every 2 years.
- If license is considered “inactive” for over 5 years, proof of continued competence is required.
- 2 hours of Child Abuse is required.
- Nurses must contact the board directly to request reinstatement application and discuss CEU requirements.
- View license verification information here.
Check for proper mailing address when sending in applications as it may differ from the physical address provided.
Contact Information & Mailing Address
2601 N. 3rd St.
Harrisburg, PA 17110