How to Obtain Your Oregon Nursing License
License by Endorsement
Renew online within 60 days of expiration
About 10 business days for paper application
Temporary License Processing
The Oregon State Board of Nursing does not issue temporary permits.
Completed Online Application
Proof/Verification of Original State License
Verification/Copy of Most Current State License
Fingerprint Card & Criminal Background Check
Transcripts — Sent Directly from Nursing School
960 Practice Hours in Last 5 Years
Fingerprint card and instructions are provided by the board once online application is received. If a paper application is being sent in, nurse must request a fingerprint card when application is sent.
Nurses must complete 7 hours of pain management-related CEU within 24 months of first renewal.
Reinstatement/Renewal (Within 60 Days After Expiration):
- Minimum of 960 hours during past 5 years
- OR completion of re-entry program within 2 years preceding renewal
- OR graduating from Oregon State Board of Nursing approved program within past 5 years
Reinstatement/Renewal (More than 60 Days After Expiration)
- Minimum 960 hours during past 5 years (CEUs cannot be used)
- New complete background check (call OSBN at 971-673-0685 to request fingerprint packet)
Check for proper mailing address when sending in applications as it may differ from the physical address provided.
Contact Information & Mailing Address
17938 SW Upper Boones Ferry Rd.
Portland, OR 97224-7012