How to Obtain Your Kansas Nursing License | Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) State
See below for information about obtaining a Kansas nursing license.
License by Endorsement
$95 with Temp Permit
Approx. 2 weeks for a paper application
Temporary License Processing
It takes approximately 2 weeks to receive a temporary license in Kansas and the license will last for up to 120 days (must not have any prior convictions or disciplinary action to obtain).
Completed Application – Notarized
Proof/Verification of Original State license
Copy of Current License
Transcripts – Received Directly from Nursing School
Completed Fingerprint Card & Wavier Agreement Form
Temporary licenses are only issued while other required documents are in the process of being received and are used in the meantime before a permanent license is obtained. There are additional steps that MUST be completed to receive a permanent license.
- All applications must be notarized.
- Lapsed within 5 years Proof of 30 hours of approved continuing nurse education within 2 years.
- Lapsed 5 years or more Verification of current active license and proof of 30 hours of approved continuing nurse education within 2 years.
- May apply for a 120-day temporary permit to complete the 30 hours of continuing education.
- View license verification process here.
Check address for proper mailing address when sending in applications as it may differ from the physical address provided.
Contact Information & Mailing Address
Kansas State Board of Nursing
Landon State Office Building
900 S.W. Jackson
Topeka, KS 66612