How to Obtain Connecticut Nursing License
License by Endorsement
Active within 72 hours if license is renewed online
Can receive 2nd temp that is valid for 120 days
Temporary License Processing
It takes approximately 15 business days to receive a temporary license in Connecticut after all required documents have been received by the board and the license will last for up to 120 days (must not have any prior convictions or disciplinary action to obtain).
Completed Application – Notarized
Proof/Verification of All State Licenses
Copy of Current License
Transcripts – Received Directly from Nursing School
Temporary licenses are only issued while other required documents are being processed. There are additional steps that must be completed to receive a permanent license.
- Must apply for reinstatement if license is expired after 90 days.
- Statement of ability to work must be sent to the board and received directly from employer – must include name, title, reference & skills.
- Verification of all licenses held, current or expired will be required.
- Verification of current active license & resume are required to receive 2nd temp permit.
- View license verification information here.
Check for proper mailing address when sending in applications as it may differ from the physical address provided.
Contact Information & Mailing Address
Connecticut State Board of Nursing
410 Capitol Avenue, MS #12MQA
P.O. Box 340308
Hartford, CT 06134-0308